How to install Roboto Font for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Before performing these steps, make it sure to backup your android device by using the Nandroid software, just in case something goes wrong, just precautionary measures, better long procedure than to be sorry. See this page on how to perform NanDroid Backup before proceeding to How to install Roboto Font for Android 4.0
Be cautious, read the instructions very carefully before trying these methods, some says that it did work for them flawlessly, but others says it’s not, try the instruction below at your own risk, we don’t certify that the instructions below will work for your device. Don’t blame us if something goes wrong that’s why we insist that you backup your device first before trying to test these methods.
Below is the easiest method to install the new ROBOTO font
How to install Roboto Font for Android 4.0
1) Download and install the app Font Changer
Font Changer allows you to switch the default system font on your Android device (will replace the keyboard font too for a fresh typing experience).
- Version 3.0.1
- Added Android 3.0/4.0 UI support
- Added Android 4.0 support
The App is free from the Android Market
2) Next is to download the zip file the Roboto font
3. Unzipped the zip file of the ROBOTO Font
4. Then after unzipping go to System > Fonts
5. Copy all .ttf files don’t cut them, just in case you failed to copy the file again
6. Paste all the copied file sin the folder “.fontchanger” in your SDcard
7) Now the last procedure, Open your Android Device, then open the application and select the font, after selecting the font, you need to reboot it first to install the font. Congrats you now have your new ROBOTO font.